Meet the expert - WHO Initiative
WHO Global Initiative for Childhood Cancer (GICC)
Session Chairs: Prof. Kathy Pritchard-Jones (UK), Dr. Yonas Tegegn Woldemariam (Uganda), WHO Representative to Uganda
1.An overview of the Global Initiative for Childhood Cancer
Dr. Andre Ilbawi, Head,World Health Organization (WHO) Global Childhood Cancer Initiative
2. Leveraging high level support for the process – AU, Ministries of Health
Her Excellency Dr Zainab Shinkafi Bagudu, Paediatrician, Founder Medicaid Cancer Foundation & Kebbi state First Lady.
3. Implementation in Ghana -Process and progress –Challenges -Recommendations
Prof. Lorna Renner, Lecturer – University of Ghana School of Medicine and Dentistry and Head of the Paediatric Oncology Unit at Korle Bu Teaching Hospital – Accra, Ghana
4. Implementation of the GICC in Morocco -Process and progress – Challenges -Recommendations
Prof. Laila Hessissen, Professor of Pediatrics in the Medical School of Rabat, Morocco
5. Implementation of GICC in Zambia -Nurses’ perspective
Ms. Biemba Maliti, Chief Nursing Officer Cancer Diseases Hospital, Lusaka, Zambia & President Zambia Oncology Nurses Society.
6. SIOP Advocacy and GICC – how they work together
Prof Alan Davidson, Head – SIOP Advocacy Chair